Welcome to the ROCKING LAZY B RANCH, home of BUCKNER POLLED BEEFMASTERS.
We are located in Central TEXAS, 45 miles east of Waco, 1/2 way between I-35 & I- 45, in south Limestone Co., at 1829 FM 1246 W, which is west of Thornton, Tx. between SH 14 and almost to FM 147. Give us a call and/or come by. We love to talk polled Beefmasters.
We have had our own herd since 1975. We started using a polled BEEFMASTER bull in 1976 in our commercial herd, loved the results, and soon became a pure BEEFMASTER operation. We became LIFETIME MEMBERS in 1985 and have achieved MERIT BREEDER status.
We are 100% registered, 100% Classified and 100% POLLED or POLLED/SCURRED.
The BBU field staff has U CLASSIFIED our cattle over the years and at present, we are at 95% having U1 body confirmations scores and the rest are U2. 85% have underline scores of U1 or 2 and the rest are U3. 85% of the cows in service are "TYPESETTER" with several more on the way.
Our cattle have excellent pedigrees that go back to many outstanding individuals which include the following: the BBU Legacy Bull **APACHE'S HEART, AMERICAN STANDARD, ATLAS, **BLAZE, **COUNTRY WESTERN, DR. J, **LOGAN, **MEDICINE MAN, **MR. USA, **MOUNTAIN MAN, MR. UNIVERSE, **NATURAL SELECTION, P.D.Q.II, **PAINTED TEXAN, ** PAINTED TIGER, **PARADIGM, ** PHANTOM, **PRIME TIME, **SANDMAN, **SIR KIFFER, **SPARTACUS, BULLETPROOF, and many more. NOTE: The double asterisk (**) means that he is a "TYPESETTER."
Go to the " PAST HERD SIRES " page and see what we used to get here. Our herd sire at this time is the polled bull POLLED C MILLER 20/11, the U2/2 red son of "S/S POLLED CLASS" U1/2 and the polled U1/2 cow, "**MM MILLA." "POOLED C MILLER" brings the genetics of "POLLED HORIZON," "**APACHE'S HEART," and "PACESETTER" cow "SCHENIDER & SONS 9i8" to our herd. Check our HERD SIRE "PL" page for details.
Since, we collect data required in both the BBU "WHOLE HERD REPORTING" and WEIGHTS AND MEASURES" programs. We can supply you with EPD's on our cattle and we have DNA tested our herd to improve the accuracy of the EPD's. We also use the BBU "CLASSIFICATION" program to
improve the structure of our cattle. By using these programs, we have received "MERIT BREEDER" status by BBU.
I am a 2022 member of the BBU Seedstock Marketing / Executive Sales Committee and past member of the BBU Breed Improvement, Finance & Audit, Advertising & Public Relations, and Commercial Sales Committees.
We now only have one herd and our cows are exposed to our polled/scurred herd sire year round. We have cattle for sale at all times, and the selection changes regularly. Check the "Bulls for Sale" page and the "Cows & Heifers for Sale" page for current offering.
Some say that we are the go to place for "ULTRA POLLED or SUPER POLLED"" cattle and that is our goal..
Special Thanks to these recent buyers:
BUCKNER POLLED BEEFMASTERS
at the ROCKING LAZY B RANCH
ET/L SALE in Crockett, Tx. 4-2023
( None selected at this time. )
SFA PURPLE PREMIUM SALE in Crockett, Tx. 11-12-2022
( Two polled open heifers are consigned at this time.)
Go to COWS & HEIFERS for Sale Page for details.
1. Rocking h Ranch near Normangee, Tx. for buying polled scurred bull 19/3 on 1-23-2021.
2. Repeat buyer, Everett Ranch near Floydada, Tx. for buying polled scurred bulls 18/21 & 19/1 on 1-25-2012.
3. Punneo Ranch near Broken Bow, Ok. for buying polled scurred bull 19/9 on 3-26-2021.
4. Hogan Land and Cattle Co. near Bremond, Tx. for buying polled scurred bull 19/17 on 3-27-2021.
5. Repeat buyer, J R N Ranch near Buffalo, Tx for buying open heifer 20/18 on 4-14-2021.
6. Three buyers at the ET/L 2021 SALE to be named later for buying three open polled heifers on 4/17-2021.
7. X C Ranch near Santa Fe, Tx for buying polled heifer 20/16 on 4- 21-2021.
8. G A & L Co. in Groesbeck, Tx. for selling polled bull on 4-29-2021.
9. G A & L Co. in Groesbeck, Tx. for selling polled bull on 5-13-2021.
10. Repeat buyer, M.J. Hanna Foundation near Gatesville, Tx. for buying one polled bull on 6-11-2021.
11. Repeat buyer, Truett Ranch near Kosse, Tx. for buying polled bull 20/15 on 9-30-2021.
12. Repeat buyer, Truett Ranch near Kosse, Tx. for buying polled bull 19/23 on 10-14-2021.
13. Repeat buyer, Nancy J. May Ranch near North Zulch, Tx. for buying polled bull 20/5 on 10-18-2021.
14. Two buyers ( to be named later) at the SFA PP Sale on 11-13- 2021 for buying two polled heifers.
15. G A & L Co. in Groesbeck, Tx. for selling four bull calves on 11- 18-2021.
If you are moving toward having a polled Beefmaster herd, check our Bulls for Sale and Cows & Heifers for Sale pages. Any of these animals shown should get you the genetics that you desire. These polled and polled/scurred animals are the products of our breeding polled animals for multiple generations and using the BBU Classification and BBU Weights & Measures Programs for many years.
We are members of the East Texas / Louisiana Beefmaster Marketing Group, the Lone Star BBU Satellite Group, and the Central Texas Beef BBU Satellite Group.
MOST RECENT SALE/SHOW RESULTS:
ET/LBMG 4-21-2012 SALE - high selling open heifer pick lot.
LSBS 5-24- 2014 SALE - high selling open heifer pick lot.
HOTBPS 11-14-2014 SALE - high selling open heifer pick lot.
HOTBPS 11-4-2015 SALE - high selling bull.
LSBBA 6-16-18 SALE - "POLLED LOGIC" bred polled heifer 16/34 C1080640 took first place in class and Overall Reserve Grand Champion Female.
SFA PURPLE PREMIUM 11-10-18 SALE - "S/S POLLED CLASS" open polled heifer 17/42 C1091746 took second place in class behind the Grand Champion Female.
ET/LBMG 4-20-2019 SALE - an open polled "POLLED LOGIC" heifer from our pick lot was high selling non show open heifer.
SFA PURPLE PREMIUM 11-9-2019 SALE - a bred polled daughter of "S/S POLLED CLASS" was the second highest selling lot in the bred cow class.
Look for our lots in these sales :