BUCKNER POLLED BEEFMASTERS
If you are moving into the direction of having a polled Beefmaster herd, check our Bulls for Sale and Cattle for Sale pages. They contain polled animals which are the products of our breeding polled animals for multiple generations and using the BBU Classification and BBU Weights & Measures Programs for many years. They should get you the genetics that you want, fast.
We are members of the East Texas / Louisiana Beefmaster Marketing Group, the Lone Star BBU Satellite Group, the Central Texas Beef BBU Satellite Group, and the Louisiana BBU Satellite Group.
RECENT SALE/SHOW RESULTS:
LSBBA 6-16-18 SALE - POLLED LOGIC bred polled heifer 16/34 C1080640 took first place in class and Overall Reserve Grand Champion Female.
SFA PURPLE PREMIUM 11-10-18 SALE - POLLED CLASS poled heifer 17/42 C1091746 took second place in class behind the Grand Champion Female.
Look for our lots in these sales :
Special Thanks to these recent buyers:
at the ROCKING LAZY B RANCH
ET/L BMG 2019 APRIL SALE
( Nothing selected at this time. )
Welcome to the ROCKING LAZY B RANCH, home of BUCKNER POLLED BEEFMASTERS.
We are located in Central TEXAS, 45 miles east of Waco, 1/2 way between I-35 & I- 45, in south Limestone Co., at 1829 FM 1246 W, which is west of Thornton, Tx. between SH 14 and almost to FM 147. Give us a call and/or come by. We love to talk polled Beefmasters.
We have had our own herd since 1975. We started using a polled Beefmaster bull in 1976 in our commercial herd and loved the results. We became LIFETIME MEMBERS in 1985 and have worked to achieve MERIT BREEDER status. We are now 100% registered, 100% Classified and 100% POLLED or SCURRED in our base herds.
The BBU field staff has U CLASSIFIED our cattle over the years and at present, we are at 96% having U1 body confirmations scores and the rest are U2. 89% have underline scores of U1or 2 and the rest are U3. 48% of the cows in service are now "TYPESETTER" with several more just one away.
Our cattle have excellent pedigrees that include many outstanding individuals which include the following: the BBU Legacy Bull **APACHE'S HEART, "AMERICAN STANDARD, ATLAS, **BLAZE, **COUNTRY WESTERN, DR. J, **LOGAN, **MEDICINE MAN, **MR. USA, **MOUNTAIN MAN, MR. UNIVERSE, **NATURAL SELECTION, P.D.Q.II, **PAINTED TEXAN, ** PAINTED TIGER, **PARADIGN, ** PHANTOM, **PRIME TIME, **SANDMAN, **SIR KIFFER, **SPARTACUS, BULLETPROOF, and many more.
One of our herd sires is the polled bull SCHNEIDER & SONS 4780 ("S/S POLLED CLASS") the U1/2 red polled/scurred son of COLLIER FARMS 447/0 BULL and the awesome polled cow "S/S 918." "S/S POLLED CLASS" brings the genetics of the "POLLED HORIZON 229/8," polled bull "HAMILTON 11/9," the "LASATER 6129" bull thru polled bull "VISTA MR 6129-3236 N," and polled bull "TATE 413" to our herd. He was the high selling red POLLED BULL in the 29TH BEEF ON FORAGE BEEFMASTER BULL SALE. Check our HERD SIRE "S/S PC" page for details.
Our other herd sire is the polled bull J&L LIVESTOCK INC 403 ("POLLED LOGIC") the U1/2 Lt. dun polled/scurred son of "LOGAN SUN" U1/2 and the polled U1/1 cow, "WALKER FARMS B 1-11." "POLLED LOGIC" brings the genetics of "**LOGAN," "**PAINTED TIGER," "ONYX 415-1" thru polled bull "BONANZA 82/5," along with polled bull "NATURAL IMPACT 44/5 " to our herd. Check our HERD SIRE "PL" page for details.
Since, we collect data required in both the BBU "WHOLE HERD REPORTING" and WEIGHTS AND MEASURES" programs. We can supply you with EPD's on our cattle and we are DNA testing our herd to improve the accuracy of the EPD's.
I am a 2018 member of the BBU EXECUTIVE ( SEED STOCK ) SALES & BREED IMPROVEMENT COMMITTEES and past member of the BBU Finance & Audit, Advertising & Public Relations, and Commercial Sales Committees.
We run two herds and our cows are exposed to our polled/scurred herd sires year round. We have cattle for sale at all times, and the selection changes regularly.
Some say that we are the go to place for "ULTRA POLLED" cattle and that is our goal..
1. Rivera Ranch near Groesbeck, Tx. for buying Polled bull 15/15 on 2-2-2017.
2. Clamon's Circle C Ranch near Mabank, Tx. for buying Polled bull 15/33 on 2-2-2017.
3. G A & L Co. in Groesbeck, Tx. for selling two Polled heifers and two Polled young bulls on 2-2-2017.
4. Johnny L. Kent Ranch near Groesbeck, Tx. for buying Polled bull 15/37 on 2-25-2017.
5. G A & L Co. in Groesbeck, Tx. for selling one Polled heifer on 3-30-2017.
6. LBBA in Shreveport, La. for selling three Polled heifers on
7. G A & L Co. in Groesbeck, Tx. for selling one Polled cow on
8. Diamond G Beefmasters of Georgetown, Tx. for buying Polled bull 15/21 on 4-8-2017.
9. ET/L BMG in Crockett for selling five Polled heifers on 4-15-2017.
10. Slipdown Ranch near Weatherford, Tx. for buying Polled open heifer 17/20 on 4-23-2017.
11. Wesley Brossett of Groesbeck, Tx. for buying Polled bull 15/17
12. Brayden Pick of Mount Calm, Tx. for buying Polled open show heifer 16/40 on 6-14-2017.
13. Andrew Dickson of Mount Calm, Tx. for buying Polled open show heifer 16/44 on 6-14-2017.
14. Slipdown Ranch near Weatherford, Tx. for buying Polled open heifer 16/8 on 6-30-2017.
15. G A & L Co. in Groesbect, Tx. for selling a polled cow
on 9-7&14 -2017.
16. Circle C Ranch near Mabank, Tx. for buying polled bull 16/3
17. Spencer Ranch near Ennis, Tx. for putting a deposit down to buy polled bull 15/27 on 9-14-2017.
18. Kent Ranch near Groesbeck, Tx. for buying polled bull 15/37 on 9-15-2017.
19. T. G. Pritchett Farms near Bristol, Tx. for buying polled bull 15/31 on 9-22-2017.
20. G.C. Everett near Floydada, Tx. for buying polled bulls 15/13 &
15/35 on 10-13-2017.
21. Buyers at the LSBBA 2017 Sale.