1. G A & L Co. in Groesbeck, Tx. for selling one polled cow on i-17- 2019.
2. Shaw"s Rocking S Ranch near Ragley, La. for buying polled
scurred bull 17/15 on 1-31-2019.
3. G A & L Co. in Groesbeck, Tx. for selling three polled cows and six heifer calves on 2-7-2019.
4. B L M Inc. in Buffalo, Tx. for selling four polled calves on 3-23- 2019
5. Day Creek Ranch LLC near Mexia, Tx. for buying polled bull 17/23 on 3/28/2019.
6. B L M Inc.in Buffalo, Tx. for selling two open polled heifers and two polled cows on 4/3/2019.
7. ET/L BMG 2019 SALE buyers in Crockett, Tx. for buying four
open polled heifers and one bred polled heifer on 4-20-2019.
8. J N RANCH near Burton, Tx. for buying two open polled heifers on 6-8-2019.
9. Lone Star Female Sale 2019 buyers in Sulphur Springs, Tx. for buying for open polled heifers and one bred polled cow on 6- 15-2019.
10. Billington Ranch near Georgetown, Tx. for buying polled bull 18/3 on 6-20-2019.
11. Adams Quarter Horse & Hay Farm near Montgomery, Al. for
buying polled bull 18/11 on 8-15-2019.
12. Repeat buyer Hanna Foundation near Gatesville, Tx. for buying polled bull18/5, and three polled bred cows on 9-14-2019.
13. Repeat buyer T.G. Pritchette Farms near Ennis, Tx. for buying polled bull18/23 on 9-27-2019.
14. Right Time Beefmasters at the SFA PP SALE in Crockett, Tx. for buying our bred polled cow on 11-19-2019.
15. Repeat buyer Hanna Foundation near Gatesville, Tx. for buying bred polled cow 15/36 on 12-7-2019.
BUCKNER POLLED BEEFMASTERS
If you are moving into the direction of having a polled Beefmaster herd, check our Bulls for Sale and Cows & Heifers for Sale pages. Any of these animals shown should get you the genetics that you need faster. These polled and polled/scurred animals are the products of our breeding polled animals for multiple generations and using the BBU Classification and BBU Weights & Measures Programs for many years.
We are members of the East Texas / Louisiana Beefmaster Marketing Group, the Lone Star BBU Satellite Group, and the Central Texas Beef BBU Satellite Group.
MOST RECENT SALE/SHOW RESULTS:
ET/LBMG 4-21-2012 SALE - high selling open heifer pick lot.
LSBS 5-24- 2014 SALE - high selling open heifer pick lot.
HOTBPS 11-14-2014 SALE - high selling open heifer pick lot.
HOTBPS 11-4-2015 SALE - high selling bull.
LSBBA 6-16-18 SALE - "POLLED LOGIC" bred polled heifer 16/34 C1080640 took first place in class and Overall Reserve Grand Champion Female.
SFA PURPLE PREMIUM 11-10-18 SALE - "S/S POLLED CLASS" open polled heifer 17/42 C1091746 took second place in class behind the Grand Champion Female.
ET/LBMG 4-20-2019 SALE - an open polled "POLLED LOGIC" heifer from our pick lot was high selling non show open heifer.
SFA PURPLE PREMIUM 11-9-2019 SALE - a bred polled daughter of "S/S POLLED CLASS" was the second highest selling lot in the bred cow class.
Look for our lots in these sales :
at the ROCKING LAZY B RANCH
Special Thanks to these recent buyers:
ET/L SALE in Crockett, Tx. 2021
( Selection will be made at a later date )
See Cows & Heifers for Sale page for details.
SPRINGTIME IN TEXAS SALE in Brenham, Tx. 2021
( Selection will be made at a later date. )
SFA PURPLE PREMIUM SALE in Crockett, Tx. 11-2020
( Selection will be made at a later date. )
Welcome to the ROCKING LAZY B RANCH, home of BUCKNER POLLED BEEFMASTERS.
We are located in Central TEXAS, 45 miles east of Waco, 1/2 way between I-35 & I- 45, in south Limestone Co., at 1829 FM 1246 W, which is west of Thornton, Tx. between SH 14 and almost to FM 147. Give us a call and/or come by. We love to talk polled Beefmasters.
We have had our own herd since 1975. We started using a polled Beefmaster bull in 1976 in our commercial herd and loved the results. We became LIFETIME MEMBERS in 1985 and have worked to achieve MERIT BREEDER status.
We are 100% registered, 100% Classified and 100% POLLED or POLLED/SCURRED.
The BBU field staff has U CLASSIFIED our cattle over the years and at present, we are at 86% having U1 body confirmations scores and the rest are U2. 86% have underline scores of U1 or 2 and the rest are U3. 66% of the cows in service are now "TYPESETTER" with several more just one away.
Our cattle have excellent pedigrees that include many outstanding individuals which include the following: the BBU Legacy Bull **APACHE'S HEART, "AMERICAN STANDARD, ATLAS, **BLAZE, **COUNTRY WESTERN, DR. J, **LOGAN, **MEDICINE MAN, **MR. USA, **MOUNTAIN MAN, MR. UNIVERSE, **NATURAL SELECTION, P.D.Q.II, **PAINTED TEXAN, ** PAINTED TIGER, **PARADIGM, ** PHANTOM, **PRIME TIME, **SANDMAN, **SIR KIFFER, **SPARTACUS, BULLETPROOF, and many more. NOTE: The double asterisk (**) means that he is a "TYPESETTER."
One of our herd sires is the polled bull SCHNEIDER & SONS 4780 ("S/S POLLED CLASS") the U1/2 red polled/scurred son of COLLIER FARMS 447/0 BULL and the "PACESETTER" polled cow "S/S 918." "S/S POLLED CLASS" brings the genetics of the "POLLED HORIZON 229/8," polled bull "HAMILTON 11/9," the "LASATER 6129" bull thru polled bull "VISTA MR 6129-3236 N," and polled bull "TATE 413" to our herd. He was the high selling red POLLED BULL in the 29TH BEEF ON FORAGE BEEFMASTER BULL SALE. Check our HERD SIRE "S/S PC" page for details.
Our other herd sire is the polled bull J&L LIVESTOCK INC 403 ("POLLED LOGIC") the U1/2 Lt. dun polled/scurred son of "LOGAN SUN" U1/2 and the polled U1/1 cow, "WALKER FARMS B 1-11." "POLLED LOGIC" brings the genetics of "**LOGAN," "**PAINTED TIGER," "ONYX 415-1" thru polled bull "BONANZA 82/5," along with polled bull "NATURAL IMPACT 44/5 " to our herd. Check our HERD SIRE "PL" page for details.
Since, we collect data required in both the BBU "WHOLE HERD REPORTING" and WEIGHTS AND MEASURES" programs. We can supply you with EPD's on our cattle and we are DNA testing our herd to improve the accuracy of the EPD's.
I am a 2020 member of the BBU Seedstock Marketing / Executive Sales Committee and past member of the BBU Breed Improvement, Finance & Audit, Advertising & Public Relations, and Commercial Sales Committees.
We run two herds and our cows are exposed to our polled/scurred herd sires year round. We have cattle for sale at all times, and the selection changes regularly.
Some say that we are the go to place for "ULTRA POLLED" cattle and that is our goal..